Saturday 31 May 2014

In Memoriam: Rachel Berman

With heavy heart, I have to report the death of my wonderful illustrator, Rachel Berman. She passed away peacefully at home on Wednesday, May 28. I honestly believe that Rachel was one of the world's few true geniuses, and was so proud when she was nominated for the Governor General's Award for the two books we did together -- Bradley McGogg, the Very Fine Frog and Miss Mousie's Blind Date. My silly storybook characters that she brought to life and her monumental paintings will last forever, as will my fond memories of her. God bless you, Rachel. My life is better for having known you.

Tim Beiser

1 comment:

  1. I have some very fond memories chatting with her in the bank line up and getting up dates from her travels , personal mementos mailed by her are precious. She was a riot to be around funny and lots of fun she is missed, I think of her often ,she had so much fun doing the books ,we often spoke about them Deb P in Victoria

    ReplyDelete